Updated 7th May 2020
Patients with cancer and compromised immune systems are considered to be at an increased risk of contracting coronavirus (COVID-19). Patients undergoing treatment, or are in the first year after stem cell transplantation or cellular therapy may also be at higher risk for complications if they get infected with COVID-19.
This page has the latest information and support resources for blood and marrow transplant, stem cell, and cellular therapy patients and their carers.
The Agency for Clinical Innovation, Blood and Marrow Transplant and Celluar Therapy Network (BMT+CT) have developed a COVID-19 information page for BMT & Haematology patients, carers and donors. Click to access What Haematology/(BMT) patients and carers need to know.
- Leukaemia Foundation Blood Cancer and COVID-19
- ASCIA COVID-19 and Immunodeficiency
- ANZCHOG COVID-19 Guidance and FAQs
- Aotearoa New Zealand Ministry of Health Unite against COVID-19
- Lymphoma Australia COVID-19 & Lymphoma
- Myeloma Australia Myeloma & COVID-19
- Cancer Council Cancer and COVID-19
- Transplant Australia COVID-19 and transplant recipients
- Youth Cancer Service – Canteen COVID-19 Resources
- BMT InfoNet Canada Coronavirus: What Transplant Recipients Need to Know